I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Victor Young And His Orchestra - I've Got To Pass Your House To Get To My House Brunswick Record 1933

I am back with another "recent" song for this Valentine Season.  This record is from 1933.  It features Victor Young And His Orchestra with "I've Got To Pass Your House To Get To My House".  It was pressed on the Brunswick label (Catalog number: 6589) and I am playing it on a Brunswick Panatrope Exponential Type 106 Gramophone/Phonograph.  It was produced in the late 1920s.  The record and the player - both made by the Brunswick Company and both made in the USA!  As for the song, its content is that of either unrequited love or another guy simply getting the girl first.


The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmeVj9ZWLM

Here are some photos of Brunswick and Brunswick!

 photo HaveToPass01_zpsc3ee9cbf.jpg
 photo HaveToPass02_zps00c38996.jpg
 photo HaveToPass03_zps68df591e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!