The Greenbank Mills And Philips Farm (website: http://www.greenbankmill.com) and the Wilmington And Western Railroad Station (website: http://www.wwrr.com) teamed up for the Civil War Skirmish that took place on 8-28-2015 and 8-29-2015. Two members of the 1800s music band Camptown Shakers appeared on both days.
The first two videos and first two photographs are from the evening of August 28, 2015 ...
Here is "Old Zip Coon" (it was getting dark out there as you can see):
Here is "Ring De Banjo" (as you can see, it was totally dark at this time in the evening):
The following videos and photographs are from August 29, 2015 ...
Here is "O! Lud Gals":
Here is "Walk Along John":
Here is a virtual tour of the Confederate and Union Camps:
Here is some footage of the train:
I am a big fan of waterways so I decided to capture this footage:
You can see the house where the previous evening's performance took place - this time, in the light ...
I picked up a magnet and a bar of soap:
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Saturday, August 29, 2015
- ▼ 2015 (49)
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art