I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hal Goodman And His Orchestra - People Will Say We're In Love The Hit Record 1943

Here is another romantic song for you this Valentine Season and this is no doubt a recent one for me.  It dates to the year 1943 ... Hal Goodman And His Orchestra with "People Will Say We're In Love".  This track was pressed on the label known as The Hit Record by "Elite Record Mfgers" (Catalog number: 7059).  The record was released in the United States on September 11, 1943, and eventually peaked at #17 on the charts (Source: http://www.musicvf.com/song.php?id=18609).

I am spinning the record on the His Master's Voice Model 102E Portable Gramophone.  The Gramophone was made in England in 1952.  I even added a picture of Love Frog for the occasion.


 photo HalLoveFrog_zps390256a3.jpg
 photo HalLove_zps06f683e6.jpg


The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PNlLQVvVM

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!