My Friends: Today, June 28, 2014, marks the beginning of a very extraordinary Centennial Event. On this day, 100 years ago, the Bosnian Serb Gavrilo Princip fired what is widely believed to be THE FIRST SHOT of The Great War. A century ago, on June 28, 1914, Gavrilo Princip assassinated the Astro-Hungarian Archduke Franz Ferdinand. The act is considered to be the spark that started The First World War. For the duration of the Great War Centennial, 2014 to 2018, I will be making a number of videos featuring relevant artifacts. The World War One Centennial BEGINS!
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Thursday, June 26, 2014
June 5, 2014 Was The 25th Anniversary Of The Lone Protester Standing Up To The Tanks In Tiananmen Square
June 5, 2014 was the 25th Anniversary of what I consider to be one of the most extraordinary moments in human history. The incident was captured on film and in a few photographs and involved someone whom is unknown to us today. He is only known as the Tank Man, the Unknown Rebel or the Unknown Protester. This man stood in front of a line of invading tanks. His act was part of the wider Tiananmen Square Protests. If any of you want to find an example of a hero, this man is certainly it. Although his name is not known, his image will be remembered for all time. All of us should reflect on the man and his mission.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
It is June 4, 2014. On this day 25 years ago, I was a 15-year-old delivering newspapers and on the front cover of the June 4, 1989 edition of the Courier Post was the announcement of the death of the dirty, ugly, disgusting terrorist ayatoilet khomeini. I recall handing a copy of the paper to my then next-door neighbor and after I turned my back to walk toward my bike, I heard her say "GOOD!". This happened a quarter of a century ago today.
- ▼ June (3)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art