I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Revolutionary War Encampment At Historic Cold Spring Village In Cape May, NJ On September 5, 2010

This encampment took place at the living history museum known as the Historic Cold Spring Village on September 4 and 5. The property
features several old buildings that are still utilized as they were originally intended. These jpegs are from the second day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some chickens were on the premises.
Photobucket

Here are some Reenactors lounging around ... I'm not sure if that was actually part of the Reenactment though.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here you see the Union Jack along with the beautiful 13-Star Flag representing the Thirteen Colonies.
Photobucket

Here is a brief yet informative lesson on nails. This was posted on the door of the Blacksmith Shop, one of the only blacksmith shops still in use in America today.

Photobucket

Close-ups:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is an Indenture (Legal Contract) from 1811. It is located in the tourist information building.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This flyer features this specific Revolutionary Encampment as well as the upcoming Civil War Reenactment (photos of which I will be posting in my next entry).
Photobucket

I picked these up at the gift shop - Cartridge Candy ... I actually did pour it down my muzzle!
Photobucket

More photos from the day can be found at this link:
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/portaltothepast/Reenactments/Revolutionary%20War/Cape%20May%209-5-2010/?start=all

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!