I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Italian-American Festival At Mercer County Park On September 24, 2010

This was an absolutely fantastic event. I had never been to an Italian Festival before and I had high hopes for this one. All of my expectations were met. In my estimation, the Italian-American Festival in West Windsor succeeded in all that it had endeavored to present to the public ... from the exhibits to the vendors.

In the main hall one could learn about the lives of Italian War Veterans, scientists, inventors, artists, politicians, religious figures and more. One could read about customs and the reminisces of Italian-American life in the early twentieth century as well. I cannot comment on the food overall ... since I do not eat meat, there was not much for me so I ate lightly.

Below are photos of the experience:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I spoke to Veterans of World War II and Vietnam in this hall:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A rather elaborate fountain:

Photobucket

A video of the fountain:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A video of singer Marcantonio:


I wanted to get a shot of some flags. This is the best I could get:
Photobucket

Photobucket

More photos can be seen at this link:
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/portaltothepast/Festivals/Italian American Fest West Windsor 9-24-2010

The Festival's url:
http://www.italianamericanfestival.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!