Fort Mifflin's Historic Soldiers Weekend features encampments and displays representing all of the United States of America's Wars from the French Indian War to the Vietnam War. This was my second Historic Soldiers Weekend. I was extremely impressed with the program last year that I have made it a staple in my schedule of annual must-see events.
To the right of the entrance was an old jeep below the Historic Soldiers Weekend sign. A nice introduction to the program:
Here I am:
There was much to see and do at the event:
A World War II Lockheed P-80A Shooting Star. PN-391 is on the side:
Here I am inside of the Lockheed P-80A:
The inside of the aircraft:
Since The Philadelphia Airport is just an exit or two away, planes can be seen and heard quite frequently:
More photos of the day can be found at this link:
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/portaltothepast/Reenactments/Historic Soldiers/Historic Soldiers Weekend 9-25-2010
Civil War Cannon Display:
Lockheed P-80A Shooting Star - Virtual Tour:
Bagpipers And An Airplane:
Bagpipers And Reenactors:
Bagpipers, Military Encampments And An Airplane:
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- Halloween 2010
- Iranians Protest The Appearance Of Jimmy Carter In...
- German Wafers With Dark Chocolate - Check Out What...
- Concert Review: The Early Music Fest Held In Hamil...
- Durga Puja Held On October 14, 2010
- A Trip To Ocean City, New Jersey On October 11, 20...
- Civil War Reenactment At The Fall Festival In Mull...
- Battle Of Germantown Revolutionary War Reenactment...
- Historic Soldiers Weekend At Fort Mifflin In Phila...
- Italian-American Festival At Mercer County Park On...
- The Rally For The Iranian Protesters Held In New Y...
- Civil War Reenactment At Historic Cold Spring Vill...
- Revolutionary War Encampment At Historic Cold Spri...
- Vietnam Veterans Appreciation Day At Fort Mifflin ...
- ▼ October (14)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art