I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Rally For The Iranian Protesters Held In New York City On September 23, 2010

Once again, the streets of New York City were filled with protesters marching for their fellow Persian citizens in Iran, and demanding freedom and human rights for their friends and family back home. The alleged President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in town, specifically at the United Nations. There were separate rallies (in some cases, by rival organizations) in various parts of the city. I walked from Rally to Rally informing people of my support to this very important cause. For a recap of my personal views on the matter, here is my blog entry from last year - http://michaeltheresearcher.blogspot.com/2009/09/rally-for-iranian-protesters-in-new.html

Here are photos of the day ...

Someone wore a huge Ahmadinejad mask!

Photobucket

Several people were criticizing the Hilton Hotel for allowing Ahmadi to use their facilities:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a cloth for people to leave their thoughts. My contribution is on the left near the marker ... "Azadi Baraye Iran!" ... meaning "Freedom For Iran!":
Photobucket

Here is a banner displaying the image of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, the woman involved in the current high-profile stoning case:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here I am at the end of one Rally when the crowd had largely disbursed:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I spoke to the wife of Hamid Ghassemi-Shall. She and a friend carried signs to create awareness of his current situation:
Photobucket

He is currently in prison in Iran. The entire story can be read at http://freehamid.org

Photobucket

This is the envelope holding the letter she wrote to Ahmadi:
Photobucket

The Hilton Hotel where Ahmadi was staying:
Photobucket

Photobucket

The evening Rally across the street from the hotel:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some signs I made:
Photobucket

Videos of the Rallies:


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!