Once again, the streets of New York City were filled with protesters marching for their fellow Persian citizens in Iran, and demanding freedom and human rights for their friends and family back home. The alleged President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in town, specifically at the United Nations. There were separate rallies (in some cases, by rival organizations) in various parts of the city. I walked from Rally to Rally informing people of my support to this very important cause. For a recap of my personal views on the matter, here is my blog entry from last year - http://michaeltheresearcher.blogspot.com/2009/09/rally-for-iranian-protesters-in-new.html
Here are photos of the day ...
Someone wore a huge Ahmadinejad mask!
Several people were criticizing the Hilton Hotel for allowing Ahmadi to use their facilities:
Here is a cloth for people to leave their thoughts. My contribution is on the left near the marker ... "Azadi Baraye Iran!" ... meaning "Freedom For Iran!":
Here is a banner displaying the image of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, the woman involved in the current high-profile stoning case:
Here I am at the end of one Rally when the crowd had largely disbursed:
I spoke to the wife of Hamid Ghassemi-Shall. She and a friend carried signs to create awareness of his current situation:
He is currently in prison in Iran. The entire story can be read at http://freehamid.org
This is the envelope holding the letter she wrote to Ahmadi:
The Hilton Hotel where Ahmadi was staying:
The evening Rally across the street from the hotel:
Some signs I made:
Videos of the Rallies:
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- Halloween 2010
- Iranians Protest The Appearance Of Jimmy Carter In...
- German Wafers With Dark Chocolate - Check Out What...
- Concert Review: The Early Music Fest Held In Hamil...
- Durga Puja Held On October 14, 2010
- A Trip To Ocean City, New Jersey On October 11, 20...
- Civil War Reenactment At The Fall Festival In Mull...
- Battle Of Germantown Revolutionary War Reenactment...
- Historic Soldiers Weekend At Fort Mifflin In Phila...
- Italian-American Festival At Mercer County Park On...
- The Rally For The Iranian Protesters Held In New Y...
- Civil War Reenactment At Historic Cold Spring Vill...
- Revolutionary War Encampment At Historic Cold Spri...
- Vietnam Veterans Appreciation Day At Fort Mifflin ...
- ▼ October (14)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art