I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

War Of 1812 Recruitment Document From January 31, 1813 ... It Is 200 Years Old Today!

It is 2013 and I am continuing the observance of the Bicentennial of the War Of 1812. On January 31, 1813, two hundred years ago, an Ensign of the 16th Regiment Infantry of the United States Army named Thomas J. Martin worked on and completed the document featured in this video. It pertains to recruitment. I acquired this document four months ago and I am elated to show it to you right now ... on its 200th Birthday!


Here is the url for the video above in case it does not embed properly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uNOMtnd77g


Photobucket

Here is the transcription:
Philadelphia January 31, 1813 Received from Lieutenant
Colonel Richard O Dernig two hundred dollars
on the bounty ... premiums and contingency
Dollars 200    =     Duplicate    receipts_
                                              Thomas J Martin Ensign
                                              16th Regiment Infantry

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!