On November 16, 1814, Hiram Silas Cronk, the teenager who would become the Last Living Survivor Of The War Of 1812, was discharged from, or mustered out of, the United States Army. He had enlisted in the Army on August 4 of that year at the age of 14. Hiram served in the defense of Sacketts Harbor with his father and two brothers.
The above information was found in book titled Annual Reports Of The Department Of The Interior For The Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 1904: Miscellaneous Reports Part I. Hiram was still alive when this book was produced ... he passed away one year later at the age of 105.
Here is a link which features a copy of the 1904 text specifically for Hiram S. Cronk: http://books.google.com/books?id=RqA0AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA38&lpg=PA38&dq=Hiram+Cronk+November+16,+1814&source=bl&ots=cnfCyXTUjy&sig=CZiwKS4W-EvyE34bZgl-KCuogmk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TXVpVMhi0cexBP23gMAC&ved=0CDoQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=Hiram%20Cronk%20November%2016%2C%201814&f=false
The War Of 1812 Bicentennial continues ...
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Philadelphia Christmas Village Mit Dem Nürnberger ...
- Mother Of Pearl By George Wilton Ballard With Orch...
- Haydn Quartet And Walter R. Rogers With Tenting On...
- Christkindlmarkt In Clark, New Jersey On November ...
- Lincoln's Gettysburg Address Recitation By Harry E...
- Purchases From The Mechanical Music Extravaganza I...
- On This Day, 200 Years Ago, Hiram Cronk Was Discha...
- Visiting Five World War I Monuments/Memorials On V...
- The 25th Anniversary Of The Fall Of The Berlin Wal...
- 237th Anniversary Of The Siege Of Fort Mifflin Rev...
- Authentic Railroad Sounds By Tops Music Enterprise...
- Gothika Purple Tempest Contact Lenses Stacked With...
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art