The American Civil War Sesquicentennial continues. This is a very fitting blog entry because 2014 is the Sesquicentennial of the publishing of "Tenting On The Old Camp Ground". Walter Kittredge wrote "Tenting On The Old Camp Ground" in 1863, and published it one year later. Walter was drafted into the Union Army, and was discharged shortly after due to having rheumatic fever.
Today I have a version of the song. It was pressed on the Victor label. The song was recorded by the Haydn Quartet and Walter R. Rogers in 1909. I have two records on display in the video - although they have different catalog numbers (16404 and 119), the recording is the same. I recorded it twice - one close and one far. I used a soft tone steel needle for both recordings. The machine used to spin the record is a Brunswick Panatrope Exponential Type 106 Gramophone/Phonograph. It was made in the late 1920s. I also brought out an autographed copy of a book titled "Tenting On The Old Camp Ground" for display. It is dated 1891.
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl4NKpHYXr8
Additional information can be found at this link: http://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/200002589/B-1446-Tenting_on_the_old_camp_ground
Thank you all for watching and observing the 150th Anniversary of the American Civil War.
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Philadelphia Christmas Village Mit Dem Nürnberger ...
- Mother Of Pearl By George Wilton Ballard With Orch...
- Haydn Quartet And Walter R. Rogers With Tenting On...
- Christkindlmarkt In Clark, New Jersey On November ...
- Lincoln's Gettysburg Address Recitation By Harry E...
- Purchases From The Mechanical Music Extravaganza I...
- On This Day, 200 Years Ago, Hiram Cronk Was Discha...
- Visiting Five World War I Monuments/Memorials On V...
- The 25th Anniversary Of The Fall Of The Berlin Wal...
- 237th Anniversary Of The Siege Of Fort Mifflin Rev...
- Authentic Railroad Sounds By Tops Music Enterprise...
- Gothika Purple Tempest Contact Lenses Stacked With...
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art