I finally get a chance to demonstrate the His Master's Voice Model 102E Portable Gramophone that I picked up at the Mechanical Music Extravaganza in Wayne, NJ in April. This 78 record is from the Tops Music Enterprises Tops For Tots line. It is titled Authentic Railroad Sounds (catalog number 1020), and still includes the original record sleeve. I bought this 78 at the Surround Sound Record Convention in Allentown, PA in September. I used a loud needle for each side of the record. It sounds great - very loud and very prominent. This is an amazing Gramophone. I am happy to finally be able to post a video with this machine. Records from this era are almost all under copyright status and I avoid posting records that will lead to copyright strikes.
In addition, I have some train items on each side of the Gramophone: a Plasticville U.S.A. Cape Cod House that I just bought on Saturday, November 1, at the Train Show in Burlington, NJ, a Gilbert American Flyer HO Electric Train Set and a box of Atlas Rail Joiners. The Gilbert Set has been in my family since the 1960s, and was placed around the Christmas tree in those days. It has a $15.00 Lit Brothers price tag on the box.
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Philadelphia Christmas Village Mit Dem Nürnberger ...
- Mother Of Pearl By George Wilton Ballard With Orch...
- Haydn Quartet And Walter R. Rogers With Tenting On...
- Christkindlmarkt In Clark, New Jersey On November ...
- Lincoln's Gettysburg Address Recitation By Harry E...
- Purchases From The Mechanical Music Extravaganza I...
- On This Day, 200 Years Ago, Hiram Cronk Was Discha...
- Visiting Five World War I Monuments/Memorials On V...
- The 25th Anniversary Of The Fall Of The Berlin Wal...
- 237th Anniversary Of The Siege Of Fort Mifflin Rev...
- Authentic Railroad Sounds By Tops Music Enterprise...
- Gothika Purple Tempest Contact Lenses Stacked With...
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art