I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Authentic Railroad Sounds By Tops Music Enterprises 78 RPM Record

I finally get a chance to demonstrate the His Master's Voice Model 102E Portable Gramophone that I picked up at the Mechanical Music Extravaganza in Wayne, NJ in April.  This 78 record is from the Tops Music Enterprises Tops For Tots line.  It is titled Authentic Railroad Sounds (catalog number 1020), and still includes the original record sleeve.  I bought this 78 at the Surround Sound Record Convention in Allentown, PA in September.  I used a loud needle for each side of the record.  It sounds great - very loud and very prominent.  This is an amazing Gramophone.  I am happy to finally be able to post a video with this machine.  Records from this era are almost all under copyright status and I avoid posting records that will lead to copyright strikes.

In addition, I have some train items on each side of the Gramophone: a Plasticville U.S.A. Cape Cod House that I just bought on Saturday, November 1, at the Train Show in Burlington, NJ, a Gilbert American Flyer HO Electric Train Set and a box of Atlas Rail Joiners.  The Gilbert Set has been in my family since the 1960s, and was placed around the Christmas tree in those days.  It has a $15.00 Lit Brothers price tag on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!