I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Response To The Gesture Of Appreciation By The Egyptians

Early yesterday morning I watched a video made by the Egyptian Freedom Fighters titled "Thank You World Media". Here is the video:

This is a very sincere and beautiful gesture and I felt compelled to respond.

Here is my verbal response:



When I heard about Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, the disgraced ex-President of Tunisia, fleeing his country after the uprisings, I, like many others, immediately thought about Egypt, but most backed off claiming it was not possible to overthrow Hosni Mubarak and Egypt is a nation of 80 million compared to 10 million in Tunisia so it would be harder for Protesters to mobilize. I continued to believe, went online to research, passed along information and then attended three Rallies in New Jersey and New York - two in January and one in February. In my very limited capacity, I did my best to spread the word of this Revolution on blogspot and youtube. Watching the Egyptians' video and recognizing its gesture of appreciation was very special for me. I was deeply touched. Love, Michael

Here are the blog entries for the three Rallies I attended in NJ and NY:
http://michaeltheresearcher.blogspot.com/2011/02/freedom-for-egypt-rally-held-in-new.html
http://michaeltheresearcher.blogspot.com/2011/01/freedom-for-egypt-rally-held-in-new.html
http://michaeltheresearcher.blogspot.com/2011/01/freedom-for-egypt-rally-held-in-jersey.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!