Frank Buckles, the United States of America's sole remaining Great War Veteran, is now a super-centenarian. The man who joined the Army at the age of 16 is now 110 years old.
I actually met the man who once shook hands with none other than General John Joseph "Black Jack" Pershing two years ago. Here is my blog entry describing that incredible and wonderful day ... http://michaeltheresearcher.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-108th-birthday-to-frank-woodruff.html
His current project can be seen at this link - http://pershingslastpatriot.com
Let us give a hearty salute and the finest birthday wishes to the Last of the Doughboys!!
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- My Response To The Gesture Of Appreciation By The ...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's Hypocritical Criticism Of Mu...
- George Washington's 279th Birth Anniversary
- George Washington's Birthday Celebration And Muske...
- Revolutionary War Encampment At The Valley Forge N...
- Iranian Protesters Set To Take To The Streets On F...
- Vinegar Valentines - A Different Kind Of Valentine...
- Albert Woolson - The Undisputed Last Surviving Civ...
- Saraswati Puja Held On February 8, 2011
- Ronald Wilson Reagan Centennial 1911 - 2011
- Freedom For Egypt Rally Held In New York City On F...
- Horace Greeley's 200th Birth Anniversary!
- Frank Woodruff Buckles, America's Last Surviving W...
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art