I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ronald Wilson Reagan Centennial 1911 - 2011

Today is February 6, 2011. On this day one century ago, Ronald Wilson Reagan was born. I vaguely recall the Presidential Election of 1980 (when I was six years old) - the only memory I have of it (and my earliest memory of Reagan) was seeing the TV Guide cover featuring cartoon images of the three main candidates: Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter and the Independent John Anderson. For Reagan's 100th Birthday, I brought out two items from my collection: a letter from 1967 [with an autopen signature (unfortunately)] when he was Governor of California and a Presidential Campaign Button from the State of Michigan from the 1980s. I hope you like them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My video commemoration of Ronald Reagan's Birth Anniversary:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va5mI_xm5g0

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!