Tonight I have for you a record off of the Zon-o-phone label (catalog number B9175) released by the Universal Talking Machine Company. It is titled "Jolly Coppersmith" by the Zonophone Orchestra. The record dates to 1900 or 1901. It plays at 68 to 74 rpm as opposed to 78 rpm. A standard speed did not exist in those days. I made the speed adjustment on the Victor Victrola Model 4 (VV-IV) that I am using for the presentation. The Victrola dates to 1915. Out of all of the machines that I have, the VV-IV is the closest to the date of the record. I used a loud tone needle for this recording. It sounds really good. I like the sound of the triangle clanging. A 113-year-old or 114-year-old record right here ...
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS-ZDDckmtI
More information about the record can be found at this link: http://www.worldcat.org/title/jolly-coppersmith/oclc/44942838
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- German Publication Die Woche From December 5, 1914...
- Camp Holly Military Document From December 1814
- The 100th Anniversary Of The Christmas Truce Durin...
- World War I German Feldpostkarte And Tannenbaum Ar...
- The Evening Star Christmas Eve 1969 Edition With V...
- A World War II V-Mail By PFC: Private First Class ...
- The Fourth Annual Krampuslauf Krampus Parade Was H...
- December 9, 2014 Marks The Three Year Anniversary ...
- Weihnachtsmarkt In Sparta, New Jersey Held On Dece...
- Battle For Schmidt World War II Reenactment Held I...
- GTV Almrausch, The Damenchor Wald Echo And The Fra...
- Apollo Quartette With Tenting On The Old Camp Grou...
- Jolly Coppersmith By The Zonophone Orchestra Zon-o...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art