I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Candle Light Tour Of The Replica Muhlenberg Brigade Huts Of The American Revolution In Valley Forge, PA

Valley Forge National Historical Park hosted a fine event on December 19, 2010. Reenactors and Living Historians showed tourists how the Continental Army handled the cold weather and lived in such conditions.

First I encountered several candles along side the walkway leading up to the park ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I entered the Visitor's Center where I listened to the Carolers and looked at some artifact displays ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The tour guide:

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were stopped by Continental Troops who asked for the password:

Photobucket

Photobucket

A replica Muhlenberg Brigade Hut (the originals vanished long ago):

Photobucket

I always enjoy photographing and being near the fire:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a brief video. I started it by looking up at the Moon and then walked into one of the replica Muhlenberg Brigade Huts while a three-woman choir was signing "What Child Is This" by candle light. Very dark, but I did my best.


A final candle as I bid farewell to the park ...

Photobucket

See you all next year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!