I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Video Pinball Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 ProSystem And A General Electric Television Set

Here I am with my second video game video.  This time it is Video Pinball made during the Atari 2600 era (1981).  This was one of my favorites in the early 1980s.  I am playing the game on an Atari 7800 ProSystem (1988).  I played the advanced setting with the openings on the bottom left and right sides.  I took a beating from 3:06 to 3:34.  I lost my balls at 3:06 and 3:21 during that time and I was close to losing my third ball at 3:24.  A crazy play took place from 3:27 to 3:34.  The ball was about to fall into that side pit so I used the nudge feature and, to my surprise, I did not get hit with the tilt penalty.  I was shocked that I could use the nudge option for that many seconds ... perhaps that pit is the exception.  Shortly after, I was close to getting near the bottom right opening from 4:30 to 4:39.  I even accidentally guided the ball over to the opening at 4:34.  I lost my last ball at 6:05.  Two of my losses were due to the right opening.

This was recorded yesterday.  The television set is a General Electric Model 25GT511 (1996).  It no longer gets channels/stations and horizontal bright lines are stuck on the screen - I am used to them most the time.  My Mom wanted to throw it out.  I wanted to see if the television would still play VHS tapes via the VCR.  It did.  I then checked to see if the old Atari 7800 still worked.  It did ... and hours later, I played video games instead of getting stuff done around the house.


 photo VideoPinball_zps55fcaeb8.jpg

 
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8rIe-43Zc

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!