I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Five Sh*ts (Aka The Lytations) - Stormy Weather Homemade Video

I have some Doo Wop for you today ... specifically White Doo Wop.  We had some stormy weather in my area yesterday and I thought I'd film a sample of it so I can get a lil bit of that "Drip Drop Drip Drop Drippety Drop" as an introduction and segue to the song.  A perfect day to film this record spinning on the Audiotronics 304E turntable.  I even included an outro.  The band name on the record's label is Five Sh*ts.  I laughed so hard at the name, and while reading the comments on their videos here on youtube.  As far as I know, this is a 1973 pressing of a demo from 1963 or 1964. This is a really neat cream-colored 45.  Some of the "information" on the label is bolonie.  The guys who recorded this track were also known as The Lytations, The Kaptions, The Five Scripts and The Beatles.  The song was written by lead vocalist Jack Strong.  Jack is here on youtube, and provides insight into the song and the band in the comments section on another video of this song.  I also want to give a special salute to the first tenor of the group, Frank Torpey Jr.  Frank served in the Navy during the Vietnam War, and passed away a year and a half ago on June 22, 2013.  RIP.  Jack can be heard on his own Doo Wop program on Sundays and Thursdays at this website: http://www.doowopcafe.net/schedule.html

This post is for Petie.  I do take requests!


 photo StormyWeather1_zps269463a2.jpg
 photo StormyWeather2_zps72366374.jpg
 
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xX9tNHkH8

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!