I have some Doo Wop for you today ... specifically White Doo Wop. We had some stormy weather in my area yesterday and I thought I'd film a sample of it so I can get a lil bit of that "Drip Drop Drip Drop Drippety Drop" as an introduction and segue to the song. A perfect day to film this record spinning on the Audiotronics 304E turntable. I even included an outro. The band name on the record's label is Five Sh*ts. I laughed so hard at the name, and while reading the comments on their videos here on youtube. As far as I know, this is a 1973 pressing of a demo from 1963 or 1964. This is a really neat cream-colored 45. Some of the "information" on the label is bolonie. The guys who recorded this track were also known as The Lytations, The Kaptions, The Five Scripts and The Beatles. The song was written by lead vocalist Jack Strong. Jack is here on youtube, and provides insight into the song and the band in the comments section on another video of this song. I also want to give a special salute to the first tenor of the group, Frank Torpey Jr. Frank served in the Navy during the Vietnam War, and passed away a year and a half ago on June 22, 2013. RIP. Jack can be heard on his own Doo Wop program on Sundays and Thursdays at this website: http://www.doowopcafe.net/schedule.html
This post is for Petie. I do take requests!
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xX9tNHkH8
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Battle Of The Bulge World War II Reenactment Held ...
- Space Attack Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 Pr...
- Berzerk Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 Prosyst...
- Five Sh*ts (Aka The Lytations) - My Pretty Little ...
- Five Sh*ts (Aka The Lytations) - Stormy Weather Ho...
- Video Pinball Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 P...
- Worm War I Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 ProS...
- Early Music Events For 2015
- Historical Outings And Other Events For 2015
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art