Tonight we have Space Attack. This game was released by Mattel Electronics in 1982. This cartridge is from my childhood days. Who knows who bought it - most likely my elder brother. The first part of the game is difficult to understand (the part with the mothership and the invading enemies). The second part is awesome (the space battle). I played this a lot in the 1980s and I have been playing it often in 2015. This video features two tries: a win and a loss.
A very fascinating fact about the game is as follows. The enemy spaceships are Cylon Raiders from Battlestar Gallactica. Mattel thought that it could seal a deal with the owner(s) of Battlestar Gallactica and it never happened. Mattel was far along with the development of the game thinking that a license could be granted (Mattel had already produced action figures for the sci-fi series). Mattel did not acquire the license and since the game was already completed or almost completed, they continued on with the game and gave it the name Space Attack instead.
I am playing the game on an Atari 7800 ProSystem (1988). I am back with my first 7800 system. It seems some games are more compatible on one or the other (very similar to my experiences with records and turntables). I did not realize until tonight that there is a dark line running through the screen as I was playing. The television set is a General Electric Model 25GT511 (1996). It no longer gets channels/stations and horizontal bright lines are stuck on the screen - I am used to them most the time. It is like that in the previous three videos too. I suppose I was too much into the games to notice. My Mom wanted to throw it out. I wanted to see if the television would still play VHS tapes via the VCR. It did. I then checked to see if the old Atari 7800 still worked. It did ... and hours later, I played video games instead of getting stuff done around the house.
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYGTvazMDg
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Battle Of The Bulge World War II Reenactment Held ...
- Space Attack Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 Pr...
- Berzerk Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 Prosyst...
- Five Sh*ts (Aka The Lytations) - My Pretty Little ...
- Five Sh*ts (Aka The Lytations) - Stormy Weather Ho...
- Video Pinball Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 P...
- Worm War I Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 ProS...
- Early Music Events For 2015
- Historical Outings And Other Events For 2015
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art