I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Five Sh*ts (Aka The Lytations) - My Pretty Little Girl

Some more White Doo Wop for you.  This is the other side of the record that I played the other day.  The group with the crazy name is back with another fine track that puts the band members' talents on display.  As far as I know, this is a 1973 pressing of a demo from 1963 or 1964. This is a really neat cream-colored 45.  Some of the "information" on the label is bolonie.  I am spinning the record on an Audiotronics 304E turntable.  The guys who recorded this track were also known as The Lytations, The Kaptions, The Five Scripts and The Beatles.  One member of the group, Jack Strong, has his own Doo Wop radio show on Sundays and Thursdays at this website: http://www.doowopcafe.net/schedule.html.  I tuned in last Thursday as a matter of fact.  He plays some great, obscure material.

 photo MyPretty_zpse093a294.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!