I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Berzerk Video Game Played On An Atari 7800 Prosystem And A General Electric Television Set

I'm back with a lil more Atari action.  This time I have Berzerk from 1982 (the Atari 2600 era).

I am playing the game on an Atari 7800 ProSystem (1988).  This is not the system that I used in the previous two Atari videos that I posted.  I have two 7800s and I tried this one out.  It works much better.  That was good ... a lucky break.  The television set is a General Electric Model 25GT511 (1996).  It no longer gets channels/stations and horizontal bright lines are stuck on the screen - I am used to them most the time.  My Mom wanted to throw it out.  I wanted to see if the television would still play VHS tapes via the VCR.  It did.  I then checked to see if the old Atari 7800 still worked.  It did ... and hours later, I played video games instead of getting stuff done around the house.


 photo Berzerk_zps1c598dd9.jpg
 
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BZMM7-dUhs

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!