A Civil War Union USCT Reenactment was held on April 2, 2011 at Fort Mifflin in Philadelphia, PA.
I walked in late so I am not exactly sure what is happening here. I believe these are Navy Maritime Squadron Reenactors:
The Troops are reviewed by a Living Historian portraying Robert Smalls:
At this point in the day (the lowering of the Flag and the Final March), I was working the video camcorder with one hand and the photo camera with the other hand and I expected most of the pictures to turn out blurry, but surprisingly, they turned out well.
The Final Goodbye ...
Flags of the 54th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteers. Here are a few pictures of them blowing in the wind ...
A flyer showing a reproduction of an eight-foot tall recruiting poster that is part of the holdings of the Camp William Penn Museum:
Here is a cup I picked up and sold by the 3rd United States Infantry Regiment:
I picked up a 33-star U.S. Flag at the Fort Mifflin gift shop:
Many, many more photographs can be found at this link: http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/portaltothepast/Reenactments/Civil War/Colored Troops April 2 2011
Here is a video showing various events of the day (it is a bit shaky in some areas - I had to grab my stuff while I followed the line and as I mentioned above, I was working a camcorder and a camera at once!):
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- Neshaminy State Park Civil War Reenactment And Enc...
- DeLia's Gun Shop In Philadelphia, PA Was The Targe...
- Helen Dortch Longstreet Birth Anniversary 2011
- Walter Breuning Passed Away On Thursday At The Age...
- Harry Coover, Inventor Of Super Glue, Passed Away ...
- Today Begins The American Civil War Sesquicentenni...
- The American Civil War Sesquicentennial Begins In ...
- Operation Overlord: Assault On Vierville-Sur-Mer W...
- Colored Troops Civil War Reenactment Held At Fort ...
- ▼ April (9)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art