I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Monday, April 11, 2011

The American Civil War Sesquicentennial Begins In Mere Minutes ...

My friends: In less than ten minutes, the United States Of America will reach the date of April 12, 2011 and thus witness the 150th Anniversary of the most somber and solemn day in American History ... the beginning of our Civil War or War Between The States. On April 12, 1861, the first shots of the War were fired on Fort Sumter in Charleston, South Carolina.

I hope this day will be one of remembrance, thought and reflection for you. I invite all of you to visit a Civil War Historic Site or visit a Cemetery that has a number of Veterans of the Conflict interred therein on the twelfth.

Bless you all on this Sesquicentennial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!