Claude Choules, British World War I Veteran currently living in Australia and the absolute last surviving man to have served in the Great War, turned 110 on Thursday, March 3, 2011. Claude is the last person alive to have seen action in both World Wars: he was a seaman who witnessed the surrender of the German Imperial Navy and the scuttling of the German fleet in World War I and he was the Acting Torpedo Officer and Chief Demolition Officer whose tasks included diffusing mines in World War II. He served in both the British Royal Navy and the Australian Navy. He is currently blind and near deaf and no longer grants interviews.
Here is an interview with Claude from 2009:
Another article which states he had THREE pieces of cake on his birthday!!! That's a party I needed to go to!
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- Valve Charger Transforming Action Figure From The ...
- Frank Neuhauser, The Winner Of The First National ...
- In Memory Of Pocahontas - Commemoration and Observ...
- Saint Patrick's Day Earring - Homemade!
- Frank Buckles' Viewing And Funeral At Arlington Na...
- Two Viewings Have Been Scheduled For Frank Woodruf...
- Jonathan Sandys, Winston Churchill's Great-Grandso...
- I Believe Frank Buckles Should Lie In Honor At The...
- Claude Choules Turned 110 On March 3, 2011
- My Tribute To Frank Woodruff Buckles
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art