I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

How Could I Know By The Peerless Quartette 1913 Columbia Record

Tonight I have for you The Peerless Quartette (also known as Peerless Quartet, Columbia Quartet and Columbia Male Quartet) with a song called "How Could I Know" (catalog number: A1343 and matrix number: 38851).  It was recorded on May 16 in the year 1913 for the Columbia Record company.  I videotaped two versions: the first is with a soft tone steel needle and the second is with a loud tone steel needle.  You will clearly note the difference between the two.  The machine used to spin the record is a Brunswick Panatrope Exponential Type 106 Gramophone/Phonograph.  It was made in the late 1920s.



Here is a link of interest: http://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/2000021647/38851-How_could_I_know

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!