On October 4, 2014, the annual Battle Of Germantown Revolutionary War Reenactment took place. The Battle itself was on October 4 in 1777. Embedded within this blog entry are two videos and a few photographs. More photographs of the event can be found at this url: http://s169.photobucket.com/user/portaltothepast/library/Reenactments/Revolutionary%20War/Germantown%2010-4-2014?sort=9&page=1
A rifleman shooting out of the window at The Cliveden Estate (the Battle itself took place on this exact spot and the damage that you see on the building happened during the Conflict) ...
Here I am with a Flag that the Philadelphia Continental Chapter of the Sons Of The American Revolution (Link: http://passar.org/PCC) handed out. These Flags were on the graves of Revolutionary War Soldiers, and were removed when they were replaced with new Flags. I certainly recognize the significance of owning this Flag given where it was initially standing. Also in this photograph is a tree that was standing during the Battle Of Germantown in the 1700s! Massive history in this photograph:
You can see the combat damage in these pics ...
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Halloween Can Be For Vegans 2014
- Haunted Haddon Halloween Car Show In Camden, New J...
- The 50th Anniversary Of The Passing Of President H...
- The 150th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Cedar Creek...
- 18th Century Field Day And The Assault On Fort Mer...
- The Witches Ball In Mount Holly, NJ On October 11,...
- How Could I Know By The Peerless Quartette 1913 Co...
- Battle Of Germantown Revolutionary War Reenactment...
- ▼ October (8)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art