I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

A 1902 Print Depicting Christmastime During The Second Anglo-Boer War

Seasons Greetings to you. This is Michael and I am here to bring you the latest episode in the Historic Soldiers Christmas Series. Today is December 22, 2013 and this episode's focus is on the Second Anglo-Boer War and the British Army. This conflict took place from October 1899 to May 1902. It is very apropos that I am filming a video pertaining to the Christmas experience during the Second Anglo-Boer War because it was unseasonably warm on the East Coast and we know that Christmastime in South Africa takes place during that nation's summer season.

I have for you a page featuring a print from a book. The title of the book is After Pretoria: The Guerrilla War Volume 2. It was published in the year 1902. The title of the print is "Christmas On The Veldt". The print shows British Soldiers partaking in some Christmas Plum Pudding! I will also give you two Christmas Pudding stories in this video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h1uumhyj9M


A photo of the matted page/print:
 photo 1902SecondAnglo-BoerWarPrint1_zpsba5293b6.jpg

Note: The page was fragmentary (the bottom portion was ripped off).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!