I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Holiday Greeting From Harry S Truman ... 45 Years Ago!

Oops, this was supposed to be uploaded last night. I dozed off and before I knew it, it was December 18!! This is what I typed for the December 17 treatment ...

45 years ago today, a Holiday Greeting was sent by ... former U.S. President Harry S Truman! The letter featured in this blog entry is dated December 17, 1968 and is signed by the former President. Some trivia for you - this is the very first Presidential Autograph that I ever acquired. I purchased it in December of 2006.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STOCWqlFYx8

These photos were taken 45 years after this letter was mailed! December 17, 1968 to December 17, 2013! I simply could not wait for the 50th Anniversary!

The letter looks quite nice in this frame:
 photo TrumanLetterDec196801_zps283b6e29.jpg

As you can see, "Holiday" was used in place of "Christmas" even back then:
 photo TrumanLetterDec196802_zps053b1ee3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!