I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

West Windsor Renaissance Faire Held In Mercer County Park On May 15, 2011

On May 15, 2011 Mercer County Park hosted the annual West Windsor Lion's Club Renaissance Faire.

Photobucket

I arrived late in the afternoon and as you can see from the clouds, it was about to rain.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I picked up an executioner's mask from one of the vendors and thought I would sit on some bales of hay for a photograph:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Shortly after the executioner photo was taken, it did indeed rain and it really came down. It was a severe storm. Local authorities arrived and stated that they will keep the park open until they see lightening and shortly after, lightening emerged in the sky so the event was therefore closed. I was soaked by the time I made it to my car. I sat in the car to dry up and then the clouds parted. It became a sunny late afternoon. A real shame since the event was scheduled to end at 5:00 PM and the storm ended around 4:00. I am usually late for a lot of events and who knows, perhaps some people did show up only to find a closed Faire. At the very least, the event did enjoy pleasant weather for the majority of the two days it was scheduled.

I took a picture of this sign at 4:30 PM and you will note the clear sky above:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!