2011 marked the return of the New Jersey State History Fair. This year the Fair was held at the Allaire State Park in Farmingdale, New Jersey.
In the first section of the park, a number of tables were set up allowing visitors to see military uniforms, weapons and various objects used in camp life. The following jpegs show artifacts of the Mexican War and Spanish-American War ...
You will note the old piece of hardtack in the display case:
Close-up - apparently this was from the Battle Of San Juan Hill:
A number of organizations set up tables in different areas of the Park. Unfortunately, I had to be present at another event in the afternoon so I could not look at every table. Here is what I did see ...
In the background you can see a nineteenth-century baseball game taking place:
This is a really cool model of George Washington's Headquarters located in Morristown, NJ:
Here is a Living Historian portraying Abraham Lincoln:
An incredible collection of early and classic automobiles were made available for the public's viewing ...
Here is a very early fire engine:
A stamp association was present as well:
Representatives from the Edison National Historic Site were present too:
Here is a close-up of some of Thomas Edison's creations:
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- Memorial Day Commemoration And 1868 Reenactment At...
- World War II Encampment In National Park, New Jers...
- West Windsor Renaissance Faire Held In Mercer Coun...
- The Procession Of Saints At The Italian Market Fes...
- Freedom For Syria Rally Held In New York City On M...
- The 2011 New Jersey State History Fair At Allaire ...
- Claude Choules, The Absolute Last Combat Veteran O...
- The 400th Anniversary Of The King James Version Of...
- Osama Bin Laden Is Dead According To The United St...
- ▼ May (9)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art