I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Freedom For Syria Rally Held In New York City On May 7, 2011

Those of you who have been following my blog know that I have attended a number of events in support of the Protesters in Iran and Egypt. On May 7, 2011, I travelled to Manhattan, New York to stand in solidarity with the Freedom Fighters in the nation of Syria. The Syrian Protesters have been faced with an extremely brutal crackdown. I want the Syrian Community to know that I am appalled by the regime's brazen display of brutality.

This particular Rally was very, very small. The organization that posted the event on facebook is called Syrian American Society News. No one from this group bothered to show up and when they were asked what happened online, no one bothered to respond. In any event, I thought the gathering was worthwhile. I was glad I attended. I had the opportunity to speak to a few Syrian Americans and I let them know that I felt it was important to attend because this is about us as human beings.

Here is a picture from the Rally:
Photobucket

Here is a sign a woman made:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!