Osama Bin Laden is dead ... May 1, 2011 (May 2, 2011 in Pakistan). May this information offer a bit of comfort and closure to those who have been affected by the awful tragedy of September 11, 2001.
UPDATE: I decided to go to Ground Zero after I saw a crowd gathering on the premises early morning on May 2, but unfortunately, the last train left at 1:05 AM and I did not want to deal with driving into New York City so I left later in the day when the trains were back in service. The large, loud, joyous celebration at the news of the death of Osama bin Laden was long over by the time I arrived. A number of people were walking around and stopping to take pictures of the newspapers and memorials posted on the fence around the Ground Zero site. It was a typical NYC scene.
Note: The last time I was at this site was in 1996 when I was actually on top of one of the Twin Towers.
"We shall never forget them" indeed.
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- Memorial Day Commemoration And 1868 Reenactment At...
- World War II Encampment In National Park, New Jers...
- West Windsor Renaissance Faire Held In Mercer Coun...
- The Procession Of Saints At The Italian Market Fes...
- Freedom For Syria Rally Held In New York City On M...
- The 2011 New Jersey State History Fair At Allaire ...
- Claude Choules, The Absolute Last Combat Veteran O...
- The 400th Anniversary Of The King James Version Of...
- Osama Bin Laden Is Dead According To The United St...
- ▼ May (9)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art