I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Tuxedo Dance Orchestra - My Isle Of Golden Dreams Edison Diamond Disc Record 1920

Tonight I have for you the Tuxedo Dance Orchestra with "My Isle Of Golden Dreams".  The song was recorded on February 4, 1920 and the Diamond Disc record was pressed on the Edison label (Catalog number: 50649-L and Matrix number: 7145-C-4-11).  The grooves are very clean on this example.  The record is being played on an Edison Disc Phonograph Model C-150 that was manufactured some time between 1915 and 1919.

I am getting you ready for the Spring 2015 edition of the Mechanical Music Extravaganza that will take place tomorrow in Wayne, New Jersey.  I bought this very machine at the Autumn 2014 Mechanical Music Extravaganza last October.  This record is from a crate of records that the seller threw in with the machine.


The url for the video above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwAdeDX1bTs

 photo Tuxedo Isle_zpsbtoe0u1a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!