It is April 15, 2015 and today is the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's passing. The previous day he was shot by John Wilkes Booth in Ford's Theater. I have a relevant artifact for this particular sesquicentennial moment. It is this very curious CDV image.
It is titled Washington And Lincoln Apotheosis. Apotheosis is the state of elevation or deification. In the image you see the recently-deceased Lincoln being embraced by George Washington and you see the angels in the top left corner. This was painted in 1865 and this CDV image is from the 1860s or, perhaps, 1870s. A very curious and very bizarre item on this day ... the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's death.
The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1atlZ6v7Fug
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Neshaminy State Park Civil War Reenactment And Enc...
- Purchases From The Mechanical Music Extravaganza I...
- Tuxedo Dance Orchestra - My Isle Of Golden Dreams ...
- Abraham Lincoln And George Washington Apotheosis C...
- John Wilkes Booth Shot Abraham Lincoln On This Day...
- "Dixie" By The Edison Symphony Orchestra 1906/1907...
- The 150th Anniversary Of Robert E. Lee's Surrender...
- Specimens Of Confederate Currency 1860s Four State...
- "Just Before The Battle, Mother" By Jim Doherty Ed...
- ▼ April (9)
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art