I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Floralia: Festival Of The Roman Goddess Flora (Shrine Altar Reenactment)

April 28, the 2,248th anniversary of the Dedication of The Goddess Flora's Temple! April 28, 238 BC/BCE was the date Her Temple was completed and Dedicated. Here is a video I made in reference to the Roman Celebration honoring Flora, The Goddess of Flowers! I came up with my own celebration of the day! The display features five centuries of prints/engravings (and my own work): 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, 1900s and 2000s. I am not an artist, but I am very pleased with how the two drawings and clay statue/sculpture/figurine turned out. I hope you like my idea with the dollar store figure!



Photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!