I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Friday, February 14, 2014

World War II Era Military-Related Valentine's Day Cards

It is Valentine's Day 2014. Some of you will recall the Historic Soldiers Christmas Series videos that I recorded and posted last year.  Tonight I have for you what could be referred to as Historic Soldiers Valentine's Day. In this video, I will show two Valentine's Day cards that I believe date to the World War Two Era. They were sent to Servicemen.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsdPZZN05m0


Photographs of the two cards ...

 photo WW2Valentine01_zpsf0f54ded.jpg
 photo WW2Valentine02_zps57c79c4c.jpg
 photo WW2Valentine03_zpsdf3c2218.jpg

It has been three years since I filmed and posted a Valentine Card video for February 14. The last one was in 2011. It is hard to believe that much time went by.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!