I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Friday, April 27, 2012

There Only 25 People From The 1800s Left In The World

Earlier in the week I discovered that there are only 25 living and verified survivors from the nineteenth century. This blog entry is my tribute to those super-centenarians who have lived in three different centuries. Very incredible - it is 2012 and we STILL have people from the 1800s on this planet.

On April 18 of this year, 113-year-old Cora Hansen passed away and her passing decreased the number of those in this very exclusive club to 25. Some of you may have heard the recent news of the Japanese man named Jiroemon Kimura who turned 115. We have two other people who are 115 as well: Dina Manfredini and Besse Cooper. Besse is the last survivor from the year 1896. I wish all 25 well. Here's to many more Birthdays!

My video tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeBzsGwzUuw

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!