I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cora Hansen, Canada's Oldest Person And The Nation's Last Surviving Citizen Born In The 1800s, Has Passed Away At Age 113

Cora Hansen, Canada's last surviving citizen born in the nineteenth century, has passed on at 113 years of age. Cora was born in the United States Of America on March 25, 1899 and lived until April 18, 2012. She moved to Canada literally 100 years ago in 1912!!

According to this article, http://m.ctv.ca/topstories/20120418/eldest-canadian-cora-hansen-dies-at-.html, Cora did not move into a care center until she was nearly a centenarian. The link also has a nice photograph from her 113th Birthday. Farewell to a woman who lived in three different centuries! RIP.

2 comments:

  1. Very Sad, there are only 25 verified living supercentenarians born in the 1800's still alive. We track them all at http://www.livingsupercentenarians.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, Hello. Thank you for stopping by. I am currently working on a tribute to those 25. I wanted to post it the other night. I saw your website the other day and I noticed the url for Jiroemon Kimura brings users back to the original site.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!