I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lady Of Villers-Carbonnel Clay Statue Replica

This blog entry features photographs of a Statue I made. It is based on the Lady Of Villers-Carbonnel. The Lady Of Villers-Carbonnel Statue is around 6,000 years old, and was discovered in December of 2011. It may be a Fertility Object or an Earth Mother or a Goddess. Immediately upon reading the article describing the discovery (last December), I wanted to make a replica of the Statue. I began the project in February and completed it in March.

Photographs of the original Lady Statue, along with the story of its discovery, can be found at this link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2072512/Lady-Villers-Carbonnel-6-thousand-year-old-statuette-banks-Somme.html

Here is the slab of clay I started with:
Photobucket

Here I am working on the Statue ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This trio-collage of the Statue I made can be compared to the photograph that accompanied the article I posted above (I tried to make it look as similar as possible):

Photobucket

 Here is a video showing the entire process from a slab of clay to the completed Statue:

If the video above does not embed properly, here is the video's url:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqbh8uLHos

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!