I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Laura Beyne WINS The Miss Belgium 2012 Contest!!!

I am very excited! It is time for a CELEBRATION!! Yesterday I made a video where I gave my choices for whom I thought should win Miss Belgium 2012 and one of the contestants was awarded the prize! Laura Beyne is the winner and she will wear the crown of Miss Belgium for the next twelve months! Laura is the Queen of Belgium for one whole year! She is also on the road to Miss Universe 2012.

In my previous video, I revealed Virginie Philippot, Ons Detaille and Laura Beyne as my top three favorites. Personally, I thought the media had given the most attention to primarily Virginie and then Ons and given that sort of publicity, I figured one of those two would have won the contest. As it turns out, Laura won it!

Here is a screen cap I made from a promotional video for Laura:


Of course, people are complaining about this. She is half-Congolese and half-Belgian aka half-Black and half-White and people are upset about Laura's victory. The bigots are disgusted about this. As can be expected, there is a huge debate online about ethnicity and what being Belgian really is. Give me, and Laura, a break. Her Belgian father and Congolese mother had sex and nine months later Laura popped out. She is Belgian. Period. She is also fluent in three different languages. Are you? There is the perception that people who are Black or half-Black are stupid, but here is this 19-year-old woman, part African, who can speak three different languages. Much respect to you Laura Beyne! Congratulations and good luck in the Miss Universe Pageant!!!!

Here I am discussing the matter:

Keywords: Miss Belgiƫ, Miss Belgique, Miss Belgien

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!