I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Trumpet Blues By Donald Lindley And Arthur Schutt 1925 Columbia Records

Hello.  This is Michael and you are listening to Early Music Radio: Cylinders And 78s With Michael Mike.  It is March 6, 2015 and today I have for you "Trumpet Blues" by Donald Lindley.  The song features a trumpet solo by Lindley with piano accompaniment by Arthur Schutt.  The record was pressed on the Columbia label (Catalog number: 546-D).  Lindley is credited as the sole writer of the track.  It was recorded on New Years Eve, December 31, 1925.  I am going to play the record on a Brunswick Portable Gramophone Model 101.  This machine was manufactured in the 1920s.  I am going to use a medium tone steel needle.

 photo Trumpet Blues Donald Lindley_zpsxz4p0tbx.jpg


The url for the video embedded above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrRsJU_uvQ

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Free counters!