I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Jimmy Weston Of The Danleers Passed Away 20 Years Ago Today

My Friends: I have a very special tribute for you this evening. On this day, 20 years ago, Jimmy Weston, lead vocalist of The Danleers, passed away. His voice can be heard on the big hit "One Summer Night", no doubt one of the quintessential songs that epitomized the Doo Wop Era.

June 10, 2013 ... two decades since the passing of Jimmy Weston. Gone. Certainly not forgotten.

I never got to see The Danleers in concert and, to me, that is very unfortunate. Very sad.


The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li6vGLZ9SIs


Here I am with an original pressing of the single for "One Summer Night" (released in 1958):
 photo MikeDanleersRecord_zpscb0ac92d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Free counters!