I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The 235th Anniversary Commemoration Of The March Into Valley Forge ... It Happened On This Day In 1777

It is December 19, 2012 and I traveled to Valley Forge National Historical Park for the 235th Anniversary Commemoration of The March Into Valley Forge. On this day, in the year 1777, George Washington and the Continental Army marched into this location. Tonight, we commemorate this event.

Note: This was more of an observance or a remembrance rather than an actual reenactment.

Here is a brief video of the Commemoration:

The url for the above video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsGsgL9Agps

I snapped a number of photographs as well. Some will be redundant because I switched between the "Auto" and "Night Portrait" features and I liked both styles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

First, a tour guide walked visitors up the hill.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Two passwords were needed to get past the guards and into the area of the Replica Muhlenberg Brigade Huts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Choir ...
Photobucket

Photobucket
 

Here is a replica map of the Continental Army's Camp that I picked up in the gift shop:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Blog Archive

Free counters!