I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

There Are Only 20 People From The 1800s Left In The World (As Of The Beginning Of November 2012)


If the video above does not embed properly, here is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFZlLz7vvTQ

Today is November 29, 2012. As some of you will recall, back in April of this year, I posted a video tribute in honor of the Final 25 living and verified human beings from the nineteenth century. At the start of this month, there were 20 surviving nineteenth century citizens remaining. While looking at the chart on http://grg.org/Adams/E.HTM, I noticed there were six people from the 1800s who had passed on while the total number of surviving people born in the 1800s was 20. I believe this is due to someone whose age was verified after the Final 25 list was established. The names of the six people who had passed away from April until the beginning of November are Ine Atarashiya (from Japan), Marie-Therese Bardet (of France), Emelie Weil (of the United States), Takeno Fujita (of Japan), Kame Takamiyagi (of Japan) and Kame Nakamura (of Japan). The individuals who comprised the top three oldest super-centenarians when I posted my Final 25 video in April are still living and they are Besse Cooper (of the United States), Dina Manfredini (of the United States although she was born in Italy) and Jiroemon Kimura (of Japan). I wish these remaining individuals of this very exclusive club of the 1800s well.

I know that two more people passed away this month (November 2012). I want to keep the tribute videos in blocks of five. I will reference their names in my next video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Free counters!