The World War II Weekend event was held at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum in Reading, PA, and featured a town erected in the style of the 1940s, many authentic vehicles and aircraft of the era, Reenactors in appropriate attire, dealer tables of Militaria and actual Veterans of the conflict! The event was a great success. The following jpegs were taken on the third and final day of the Weekend, and show only a sample of what could be seen by visitors.
Hitler-Jugend and Deutsches Jungvolk items (with close-ups):
Nicely-done 40s Gulf Station:
Several Veterans were there to discuss their involvement with The War and sign autographs.
Here I am with World War 2 Veteran Eddie Kyler. He is member of the Parachute Infantry Regiment and a D-Day Veteran.
Here I am with World War 2 and Korean War Veteran Henry Heim. He was wounded at Pearl Harbor and flew 78 missions over Germany, North Africa and the Balkans and later flew 51 missions in the Korean War.
The book where the previous two pages came from ... a fine collection of accounts from those who were witnesses to the conflict.
Here I am with World War 2 Veteran Paul Gordon ... a Pilot who was shot down over France and became a German POW.
His published story.
See you next year!
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ▼ September (2)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art