I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Colonel Lou Aka Lou Millet - Johnny Reb 1960s Conservative Records

It is June 27, 2015.  Some fools have planned to use this day for burn the Confederate Battle Flag parties.  I am not going to do that.  Instead I am going to pay tribute to Johnny Reb.  In this video, I have a song for you called "Johnny Reb" by Colonel Lou.  Colonel Lou is believed to be Lou Millet.  Lou Millet was born in Louisiana in 1926.  I could not find a death date for him so he may still be alive.  I have two copies of this record.  I would really love to get one of these autographed by Lou.  This record was pressed around the mid 1960s on the Conservative Records label (catalog number: 140).  I am going to play the record on an Audiotronics 304E turntable from the 1970s.  The song is very fitting for today because it was cold and rainy.  This is a great song.  I can play this record over and over again.  Thank you for watching and honoring Johnny Reb.


The url in case it does not embed properly:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm_5ECElOMA

 photo Lou Johnny Reb 1_zps2kly3csw.jpg
 photo Lou Johnny Reb 2_zps5tmb7phu.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Free counters!