It is September 13, 2014 and I am bringing you another recording session involving "The Star-Spangled Banner" on the eve of the poem's 200th Anniversary. I am getting all of you ready for tomorrow's Bicentennial Concert with a 1914 version of the song by Thomas Chalmers, Elizabeth Spencer And Chorus on a Thomas Edison Blue Amberol Cylinder Record (catalog number 2652) that was released one year later. It is being played on an Edison Amberola Phonograph Model VI-B or BVI that was sold in 1913 and 1914. 2014 marks the 100th Anniversary of this recording and the 200th Anniversary of the writing of the poem. I hope to see all of you in Baltimore tomorrow.
The url for the above video in case it does not embed properly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bqTdUfPJ38
Link of interest:
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
- Annie Laurie By Corinne Morgan With Orchestra 1908...
- Constitution Day 2014 At Independence Mall In Phil...
- Video Footage And Photographs From The 200th Anniv...
- The 200th Anniversary Of The Star-Spangled Banner ...
- Thomas Chalmers And Chorus With The Star-Spangled ...
- John McCormack With The Star-Spangled Banner Victo...
- Frank C. Stanley With The Star-Spangled Banner On ...
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2011 (64)
- ► 2010 (55)
- Abraham Lincoln Newspaper Campaign Token Postcard Abe
- Astronomy Sky Nightsky Planet Mars Moon
- Bob Heft American Flag America
- Centenarian Frank Woodruff Buckles Veteran World War One WW1 WWI Doughboy Autograph Autographed Signed Signature Germany
- Civil War Confederate War Peace
- Confederate General Roger Atkinson Pryor Grave Civil War Confederacy
- General President George Washington Birthday Postcard
- Hoover Eisenhower President Autograph
- Iran Protests
- Iranian Persian Sakineh Freedom
- Longevity Centenarian Super-Centenarian
- Moon Aldebaran Venus Mars Jupiter
- President William Henry Harrison Tippecanoe Log Cabin Campaign Token Tokens Signed Autographed Letter Autograph Signature Benjamin
- Princeton New Jersey NJ Battlefield Revolution Revolutionary War Hugh Mercer County
- Revolution Graves Cemetery 1700s 1800s
- Valentine's Day Saint Valentine Victorian Cards Victoriana Card Art