I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

On This Day, 100 Years Ago, Gavrilo Princip Assassinated Franz Ferdinand Triggering World War I

My Friends: Today, June 28, 2014, marks the beginning of a very extraordinary Centennial Event. On this day, 100 years ago, the Bosnian Serb Gavrilo Princip fired what is widely believed to be THE FIRST SHOT of The Great War. A century ago, on June 28, 1914, Gavrilo Princip assassinated the Astro-Hungarian Archduke Franz Ferdinand. The act is considered to be the spark that started The First World War. For the duration of the Great War Centennial, 2014 to 2018, I will be making a number of videos featuring relevant artifacts. The World War One Centennial BEGINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Free counters!