I am a(n) researcher and archivist.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sweet Stuff By Donald Lindley 1925 Columbia Records

Hello.  This is Michael.  You are listening to Early Music Radio: Cylinders And 78s With Michael Mike.  It is March 7, 2015 and this evening I have for you "Sweet Stuff" by Donald Lindley.  The song features a trumpet solo by Lindley with piano accompaniment by, I believe, Arthur Schutt.  The record was pressed on the Columbia label (Catalog number: 546-D).  You can see a couple of splotches on the label ... it certainly is not any of my sweet stuff.  Lindley is credited as the sole writer of the track.  It was recorded on New Years Eve, December 31, 1925.  I am going to play the record on a Brunswick Portable Gramophone Model 101.  This machine was manufactured in the 1920s.  I am going to use a medium tone steel needle.

 photo Sweet Stuff Donald Lindley_zpsqnwu47pg.jpg


The url for the video embedded above:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIrAjwg7wl4

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a(n) researcher and archivist.
Free counters!